Sunday, September 27, 2009

the dream team_step 1

Meetings. 
After the idea I had to figure out how I was going to make it all happen. The first order of business was to get Dages on board. I had taken her class and we had several mutual friends, but we didn't really know each other. I set about writing an email that I hoped would get her as excited about the program as I was.
Dear Dages,
 It was so lovely to get your newsletter in my inbox today! Writing you was at the top of my todo list and it felt oh so serendipitous.

First I want to apologize for not getting back to you sooner. When you sent me that email last month I was on my way out of the country and I had all of the best intentions to respond and It just never happened. I was so happy that you thought to ask me to pass along your information to folks because I absolutely love what your doing and would love to help spread the word!
Ever since I attended Yumyoga I have had this idea floating around in my head that is starting to gel enough to where I can run it by you and see what you think.
I have recently returned to college to complete my degree, it turns out the hippie clown/acting program I went to in California isn't really the path that I want to continue down (who new?) Instead I am interested in harnessing the power of the Mass Media to perpetuate positivity and well-being. The question I keep asking is, What if loving-kindness was the driving force behind the media instead of consumerism?
What does this have to do with you? Well, I would like to produce a Delicious Dialogues with 
Dages television/web segment with you. I really believe in the work that you are doing and I think that it could translate to a large audience, helping to perpetuate health and well being to all.
This fall I am taking a production class where I will have an abundance of resources at my finger tips. In the class we will produce a five to ten minute short, create a dvd for it, and a website.  It would be a dream to produce your show!
If this is something that you would consider, I would love to get together with you over tea to talk.
I really believe that your sparkly, passionate, approach to eating healthy and happily can and will inspire the masses as much as it has inspired me!
love, light, and laughter,
Drea

She responded a couple of weeks later that she would love to meet to talk about ideas. We met the first week of September and I pitched my idea to her in person. She was delighted with the idea and agreed to participate. Game on!

No comments:

Post a Comment