Sunday, October 4, 2009

the menu

KALE. Kale. kale. Kale three ways.
Baked Kale Bliss
Raw Kale Avo Salad
Simple Kale for Every Day

I really need to get the actual recipes. So far all I have is a list of ingredients and no recipes. 
lots o kale, sea salt, olive oil, cumin, avocado, lemon,olives,sprouts, red pepper, snipped nori, toasted sesame oil, umeboshi vinegar, gomasio-I have no idea what this is
I'm hoping that I can get the recipes from Dages. I know that when I cook I wing it a lot, and unfortunately winging it isn't the ideal for shooting. In fact it could kill everything( insert more flames here). I'm trying to get a really clear shot list together in the next couple of days and the more specific it can be the better.
So far the outline is as follows:
1. Intro to greens
2. Intro to kale and overview
3. Washing/prepping greens and shopping storage tips
4. Easy recipes:
- Baked Kale Bliss
- Raw Kale Avo Salad
- Simple Kale for Every Day
5. Teaser about condiments, sauces.

After I get the shot list together, I need to get a very specific prep list in order. All of the prep that needs to be done before shooting. If a dish is cooked we need to make one on camera, and one off so that we don't wait around for the food to cook. Another email is going out now to Dages to ask for the actual recipes. I feel like a major nag. I have a hunch that part of the job of a producer is to nag without sounding like one. What do you think? Comments greatly appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment