Friday, October 16, 2009

react and respond day

Today we watched each others trailer's and gave feedback. Screening days are my favorite. I was really impressed with everyone's effort. I'm thrilled to hear that we can take people's feedback and make the trailer better. I hate admitting this, but there were a few things I wanted to do in Final Cut that I couldn't figure out how to do. I think that with more time, and a possible tutorial somewhere, I could make the trailer what I REALLY wanted it to look like. I'm pretty proud of the work that I did considering my mental limitations. 
The feedback was really helpful. It was suggested that I add the sound of Dages talking in a couple of spots, clean up the titles( although it was a choice to have them "edgy" looking, now the challenge is to up the production level and keep it "edgy" at the same time) and cut the overall length, adding faster cuts throughout. 
I was really pleased when one of my classmates said that it looked, hip. (You can laugh at me) BUT I so wanted to make a hip cooking show about Kale, and if that came across at all, I'm stoked. 
Here's what some of my facespace friends said about the trailer:

Hallie
nice! I feel strangely tempted to knead some kale.
Zeb
I agree. That kale stirs up strange feelings that I didn't know I could have for cabbage. Wild cabbage.
Thomas
Nice Peppy beginning, really good energy.. Matches you well.
Jen
Love it!!! I want more!
Brian
Kale is wild cabbage?
Dages
looks fabulous drea! great work!!!
Myrrah
Love the energy! Great smiles, can`t wait for the dialogue.
Sheena
It looks awesome Drea!!! Love the MM wear in it!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment