Sunday, October 4, 2009

stylist information needed


I just got off the phone with my stylist Hallie.  Hallie is going to do hair, makeup, and wardrobe. Amazing! The look that I want to create is a chic, urban look but with a hint of hippie yoga. Finding the words to describe what's in my head is a huge part of the challenge of creating a certain look.  Because Hallie has never met Dages, and won't until the day of, I have to figure out how to prepare her from afar.  I sent Dages and email that lays out what I need her to bring so that I can find out if she has everything before next Saturday( the shoot date) so that I can fill in the blanks. (the photos on the left are from Donna Karen's Urban Zen line, some inspiration for the look I'm trying to create)


Dear Dages,
Hope you had a lovely holiday!
I just got off the phone with your stylist for Saturday and we have come up with a rough outline of what we need you to bring.
Please look this over and get back to me with the parts that you don't have so I can fill in the blanks.
Thank you so much!


Wardrobe:
We are looking to create a clean line that will be dressed up with accessories.
Tight black pants
Black shoes
Low scoop black tank/t-shirt that fits close to the body
Good Bra 
Please feel free to bring your signature jewelry pieces for consideration.

Hair:
Wear you hair dry like you would normally wear it and
we will touch it up.
(Please bring your normal hair products in case we need to start over day of)


Makeup:
I will need to take a close up photo after yumyoga on Tuesday to send to Hallie.
The big question is: What type of Foundation do you wear? (Brand, Color) If you have foundation
please bring it on Saturday.
If you don't wear any that's fine, the picture should help us get the right match.


Thank you again for your quick response and please feel free to call me with any questions.


After she responds to the email I will have a better idea of what I need to go out and buy. 
If this were a real shoot with a real budget I would go out and buy everything, but since we are on a very tight budget, I need everyone to pitch in there own stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment